Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to School

We have been in school for a whole month now. It is hard to believe that this is my third year teaching! I am no longer a new teacher. I have to say, I really enjoy coming into the year with some experience. It is nice to know a good share of my students, know my co-workers, and understand how the system works. It has been a much easier transition into the new year. My mom was asking me for some stories, but the year has been relatively uneventful. (Which is a good thing.)

I am really enjoying teaching my high school chemistry class. I think am supposed to be a high school teacher. It has been good to start in middle school, but now that I have a little experience I wouldn't mind teaching high school full time. Maybe next year.

Chevak is pretty much the same. We have enjoyed seeing people and visiting with friends. We were welcomed back warmly and people seem to see us more as community members this year. Ryan has been able to go moose hunting and I even made it "out by boat" for an evening.

I have enjoyed spending time with some students that are no longer in my class. This is the first time I have been somewhere where old students can come and visit me. They come to my class after school and hang out and have even showed up at my house a few times. It is fun to get to know the kids without having to teach them.

Everyone always asks about the temperature and the light, so for your information:
Today's temp is 54. The sun rose today at 8:23 am and will set at 9:22 pm. The days are getting shorter by 5 min 42 sec each day.

As always, thanks for the all the encouragement and support!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to hear things are going well. We miss you guys. Thanks for all the updates ... we like hearing what's going on and it helps us know what to pray about for you.